<< Visit Website
Categories: Arts & Culture, Historical, [ View All ]
Montgomery County Museum Charity Profile
We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization
Our home was built around 1852 as the Manse for the Christiansburg Presbyterian Church. According to oral tradition, the bricks were made on the property and fired in an earthen kiln. Support beams and joists are of hewn oak. The rafters are of logs planed on one side and secured by dowel pins. The property was acquired in 1983 by the Montgomery Museum and Lewis Miller Regional Art Center, Inc.
Art shows spotlighting local artists are housed in the second floor art gallery, and change every two months.
Our permanent art collection includes works and prints by well known artists with local ties, such as Lewis Miller and Walter Biggs.
Our museum houses and displays a wealth of historical artifacts that relate to our region.
We have a library of historical and genealogical texts for use by researchers.
Our side-yard contains a beautiful garden with year-round color, maintained by Master Gardeners.