<< Visit Website
Categories: Community Service, [ View All ]
REAL Crisis Intervention Charity Profile
REAL Crisis Intervention Inc. has been providing rape crisis services since 1975. There are various programs now being offered to help all victims of crime as well as rape and sexual assault victims.
1. Victim Advocates: Victim advocates provide assistance to victims of crime by helping them through medical and judicial process. The advocates are also available for counseling the individual or family-friend of the victim twenty-four hours per day. Services are offered via telephone, walk-in or off-site crisis teams.
2. Rape Prevention-Education: REAL offers education and prevention programs throughout the county to anyone wishing to learn more about rape and sexual assault and how to try to prevent this crime happening to them. REAL has programs that can be geared to middle and high school students as well as college students. There are also programs geared towards the general public. Awareness projects are usually provided during the months of April and June to heighten awareness of sexual assault and rape.
3. SART: The Sexual Assault Response Team is coordinated by REAL. SART is a multi-disciplinary team approach to sexual assault victims. Team members consist of SANE-FNE nurses at the hospital, District Attorney, law enforcement and REAL advocates and the advocates from the Greenville Police Department and Sheriff's Department.
4. Info-Cards: So many people came by for general information on rape-sexual assault that REAL was unable to keep enough in stock due to cost. Therefore, the staff begin generating our own Info-Cards on the various topics that people wanted information on.
5. Sexual Assault Support Group: a group for survivors of sexual assault. There are different groups designed to different needs that will provide better coping mechanisms and strategies to that will lead to a healthier life All group members must be interview prior to entrance into the group.
REAL Crisis Intervention Volunteer Information
Training classes are provided three times a year. Each class consists of 32 hours of classroom training and 24 hours of on the job Internship.