<< Visit Website
Categories: Medical, [ View All ]
American Lung Association Of Michigan Charity Profile
As the oldest voluntary health organization in the United States, the American Lung Association's mission is to prevent lung disease and promote lung health.
As a charter member of the nationwide organization, the American Lung Association of the Midland States is committed to carrying out this mission in Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio and Tennessee. In communities throughout the Midland States region, the American Lung Association is working to improve life one breath at a time through education, advocacy and research.
The American Lung Association of the Midland States is fun ded by public donations, along with gifts and grants from corporations, foundations, government agencies and nongovernmental organizations.
From tuberculosis to asthma, from tobacco control to clean indoor and outdoor air, the lung health successes achieved during the American Lung Association's century of service have been gained only through the work of thousands of committed volunteers, dedicated staff and generous supporters.
American Lung Association Of Michigan Volunteer Information
The American Lung Association of Michigan relies on individuals like you to help in the fight against lung disease. ALAM volunteers assist with special events, advocacy, educational programs and more.
· Advocacy: Write letters, make phone calls and meet with legislators to advocate for effective policy change.
· Educational Programs: Facilitate educational school and community-based programs on tobacco and asthma.
· Office Support: Support all our programs by providing clerical assistance with data entry, event preparation, filing, filling information requests, and fundraising mailings.
· Public Health Outreach: Represent ALAM at community health fairs.
· Smokefree Michigan: Help Make Michigan Smokefree by collecting petition signatures, writing letters and spreading the word.
· Speakers’ Bureau: Share your story - speak to students, be featured in our newsletters, or provide testimony at hearings and press conferences.
· Special Events: Volunteer with friends, family members or co-workers and work behind the scenes of the Asthma Walk or any of our other events throughout the year.
· Student Groups: Hold fundraisers, lobby for political change, or form a team for a special event.
· Women and Lung Health: Help prepare for and stage this large event and conference
American Lung Association Of Michigan Donation Information
Since 1904, the American Lung Association has worked to fight lung disease by helping people quit smoking, funding research, improving indoor and outdoor air quality, and educating millions about asthma. Our work is possible only through public donations.
There are many ways to give. You can make a general donation “just because,” or you can remember the passing of a family member, friend or associate with a memorial gift. Another generous way to give to the American Lung Association of Michigan is by including a charitable gift in your estate plan or through the establishment of an endowment fund, both providing a lasting legacy of caring to future generations.