<< Visit Website
Categories: Hunger/Poverty, [ View All ]
Caritas Malta Charity Profile
Caritas mission is to alleviate poverty and promote human development and social justice, witnessing to the Christian faith and Gospel values.
To fulfil this mission, Caritas:
- Adheres to the guiding values and principles of the Pastoral Plan of the Diocese and the Strategic Plan of Caritas Internationalis and Caritas Europa;
- Renews its preferential option for the poor and gives witness of this commitment within the Christian community;
- Raises public awareness of poverty and injustice;
- Facilitates co-operation within and beyond the Caritas organisation in order to address the old and new faces of poverty;
- Acts as the voice of the poor and enables the poor to become agents for change.
Caritas Malta Volunteer Information
For the past 30 years, Caritas Malta has been at the forefront in the promotion and recognition of volunteering as a key resource in the field of social care. Caritas acknowledges that, like any resource, volunteering needs tending, investment, strategic development and protection. It recognizes that the relationship of the voluntary sector to society is ever changing and so is the role of volunteering.
The fact that Caritas has assigned a Unit to specifically coordinate and facilitate the volunteering element within the agency reflects the important role which volunteers occupy. In fact, the Caritas Volunteers Unit is the sector responsible for ensuring that volunteers are constantly supported and monitored during all stages of their voluntary work experience – from the recruitment phase to the placement, training, orientation and evaluation phases. The Volunteers Unit must also ensure that the volunteers’ work is acknowledged, and that the experience is gratifying to all parties involved. In brief, it is responsible for guaranteeing that all volunteer contributions make a real difference.