<< Visit Website
Categories: Animal, Educational, Environment, [ View All ]
Aquatica Kk Charity Profile
Aquatica KK is currently developing an aquarium and ocean science discovery centre to be located at Sukarelawan Complex, Likas, Sabah. The project is the brainchild of concerned conservationists who aim to promote environmental awareness by exhibiting the ecosystems of Borneo and highlighting both the threats they face and the desperate need to conserve them. Aquatica will function as both a tourist attraction and educational facility featuring large scale aquatic displays and interactive exhibits aimed at all age groups.
Education is the key to protecting the biodiversity of the planet, in our small way, we are the key to unlock the door of knowledge and let all people experience the awe and wonder of the aquatic world. ~ Aquatica Aquarium and Discovery Centre
We have the capacity and ability to create a remarkably different economy, one that can restore ecosystems and protect the environment; our children's, children's children will hate this generation for it's short sighted rape of the planet.~ Prof Steve Oakley
We need to educate about nature and environment, nobody respects or loves what they do not know or understand --- "In the end, we conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught." ~ Baba Dioum, Senegalese poet
1. To become a major tourist attraction for Sabah.
2. To keep aquatic life in the best possible conditions.
3. To show aquatic life in realistic, attractive displays which satisfy both aesthetic and environmental requirements.
4. To develop discovery centre exhibits which stimulate and make learning fun.
5. To include a wide range of discovery centre interactive exhibits which cover all aspects of ocean science: oceanography, biology, chemistry, physics, maths, technology & engineering
6. To make visits enjoyable and memorable by entertaining and encouraging curiosity.
7. To provide support materials for educators which compliment and develop the concepts taught in schools and further education.
8. To promote an interest environmental conservation and awareness in all visitors.
9. To develop a cadre of young Malaysians who care about the environment and are concerned with the threats facing aquatic life.
10. To support Government and Non Government Organisations in their efforts to conserve, species, habitats and ecosystems.
11. To support the dive and ecotourism industry by encouraging visitors to become involved and visit the natural world destinations available in Sabah.
Aquatica Kk Volunteer Information
Internships are available on a three or six month basis for students who have not yet graduated.
These are primarily but not exclusive to,
Malaysian or foreign students on their industrial placements.
Students looking for a location to undertake their thesis research.
Students hoping to gain some practical experience during a long holiday.
Internships are on a volunteer, unpaid basis but accommodation can be provided if necessary.