<< Visit Website
Categories: Children, [ View All ]
Special Needs Aquatic Program Charity Profile
The Special Needs Aquatic Program is a fun and beneficial program for children with a variety of special abilities and needs. SNAP was founded in 1991 to meet the need for alternative physical therapy and recreational services for children. Programs are tailored to address the physical, cognitive, and psychosocial needs of each participant. We stress self-confidence and the joy of movement and fitness in a safe, non-competitive, success oriented atmosphere.
Special Needs Aquatic Program Volunteer Information
SNAP is made possible by our wonderful team of volunteer helpers. Each swimmer needs a helper, and serve around 50 children each semester. SNAP helpers are expected to participate on a weekly basis for a minimum of 1 semester. Once we get to know you, you will be paired with one child for the semester. We hope that over the semester you and your swimmer will become good friends, learn lots from each other, and have fun.
Special Needs Aquatic Program Donation Information
Since its inception, SNAP has been a fee based program. Most program fees, 80%, are paid directly by families. The remaining 20% of our special swimmers receive scholarships from SNAP or receive funding through government agencies or school districts. As support from the community has grown, SNAP has been able to offer more scholarships and as well as decrease its program fees. We invite you to join our SNAP family and help us provide water magic to more special children.
Donations are tax-deductible and are very much appreciated. We want to thank all our contributors for their generosity and support of our program and our special swimmers. We would like to acknowledge our largest supporter to date, the Children's Support League.